After I made them, I was perusing theworldaccordingtoeggface and came across her recipe for tortilla-less turkey enchiladas, which I'll also definitely have to try.
- Enchilada sauce
- Wonton wrappers
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded chicken or ground beef (optional)
- Olives, onions, etc. (optional)
- Greek yogurt to garnish
- Spoon a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of each mini-loaf square. Just enough to coat the bottom.
- Place a wonton wrapper into each mini-loaf square.
- Spoon more enchilada sauce into the bottom of the wonton wrapper, add additional fillings (chicken/beef, olives, onions, etc.) and top with cheese.
- Loosely seal the top of the wonton wrapper (it's okay if it's not all the way closed). The easiest way to do this is to dip your fingers in water and use them to coat one side of the wonton wrapper with water, and stick the other side to it. Perfection doesn't matter here.
- Coat with additional enchilada sauce and cheese
- Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees
- Serve topped with dab of greek yogurt
|Bit of sauce in the bottom, and wonton wraper placed on top|
|Layer of sauce, then cheese (and other fillings), and the wonton closed up (far right)|
|Once sealed, top with additional sauce and cheese|
|Topped with greek yogurt|