Want to know what I bought, specifically? Check out my blog post from April 29, 2012 entitled Shopping! If I've left anything out, please leave a comment.
- Digital kitchen scale
- Water bottle that encourages sipping (e.g., no straws/large openings)
- Baby spoons and utensils
- Small bottle for protein shakes
- Small plates for smaller portion sizes
- Blender: I went for the Ninja Mix Master Pro and love it. Others really like the magic bullet. If you're on a budget, your home blender may do just fine.
This is really just a list of things I chose to buy pre-surgery to have some stuff on-hand. Want to see the pre-op diet my surgeon gave me? You can check out the related blog post. You can also check out the other areas of my site for more details on foods appropriate for the liquid stage, and other food stages.
- Baby food (few flavors to try)
- Sugar-free Popsicles
- Propel, Power Aid Zero, Crystal Light or sugar-free Hawaiian Punch
There are lots out there! Below are some specific items I bought prior that came in small amounts that I could use as "testers" to decide what I liked. For a more comprehensive list of protein powders and shakes that I've used, you can check out the supplements page.
- Chike: I ordered the free sample. They sent about six protein packets of flavors to try. You just have to pay for shipping (about $7)
- Unjury: I ordered the starter kit. For $21.20 plus tax you'll get two samples of five flavors (that's 10 packets to try!)
- Isopure Zero Carb clear drink (20 fl oz). You can buy them individually if you swing by a Vitamin Shoppe near you. I recommend you try a few flavors before you buy in a larger quantity!
I also decided to pick up some vitamins recommended by my surgeon. Check out the supplements page for more information.
- Chewable mutivitamin that has 18 mg of iron
- Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D