Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chimichangas

My mexican food cravings have not subsided. After the fun of making mini cheese enchiladas and refried bean cupcakes, I decided I wanted to try little bean burritos. I gave them a go in the oven, but felt they were really missing something...they needed to be crisped up in a pan to make them really yummy - at which point they became a little more like chimichangas. Anyway, below is the recipe, with some modifications that I made after trying them once.

Bean Chimichangas
  • Wonton wrappers
  • Fat-free refried beans (recommend you get some that are a little on the runnier side. Ortega or Rosarita work well. Trader Joe's do NOT)
  • Low-fat mexican cheese blend
  • Olive oil
  • Greek yogurt and/or avocado as garnish
Directions:
  • Heat refried beans in the microwave
  • Place wonton wrappers on a plate
  • Put 1 tbsp of heated refried beans on wrapper (the wrappers won't be in the pan long enough to heat cold beans)
  • Top with cheese
  • Add any desired spices (I used chipotle spice and some Tapatio hot sauce)
  • Fold wonton wrapper in half and "seal" by dipping your fingers in water and getting the area of the fold a little wet so it sticks
  • Heat a skillet with olive oil - just enough that the wonton wrappers can soak some up and crisp up
  • Place wontons in the pan and for 1-2 mins each side or until they get crisp and lightly brown
  • Serve with greek yogurt and avocado

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete