Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Assembling my team

Because I'm having surgery in Mexico, I'm concerned about having a support network in place back where I live on the east coast. So, I've been seeking a:
  • Nutritionist/Dietitian
  • Therapist/Psychologist
  • Support groups for bariatric patients
So, I'm off to visit a nutritionist that I found through my local hospital/network that I use. In prep for my appointment, I started to think about supplements and what I need to be focused on. There was certainly a lot of information out there! But a lot of it seemed conflicting. So I want to discuss with her nutrition and supplements. I'm bringing a document I found online through Northwest Obesity with me, which I found really helpful in researching gastric sleeve nutrition. You may also want to check out my nutrition page and I'll continue to post there as I learn.

I also want to ask her about blood tests, and what might make sense for me to check my nutrition levels. I got a hold of a list of blood tests that my local bariatric surgery center requires when you start to think about bariatric surgery, and you can find the information on my blood tests page. I'll let you know how the appointment goes! Best, gastricsleeve4me



No comments:

Post a Comment