Friday, April 27, 2012

Protein

In my last post I talked about my visit to the nutritionist. I wanted to follow-up on that, and talk about all-important protein. She was clear that 70g of protein a day was what I need. She did provide some useful tips on high-protein foods, which was good for me to start thinking about. I've posted some of that information on the nutrition/protein page.

She also talked to me about hair loss. I'd read some things on biotin and silica, saying that they'd help. But she said it really was going to come down to protein. Just another reason to make sure I've got a plan to get enough.

She also validated for me that getting a blood test wasn't a bad idea. So, I'm definitely going to ask my local doctor when I see her next week to order them for me. I will use the list I got from a local bariatric surgeon, which can be found on the blood tests page. Check out the video and let me know your thoughts! Best, gastricsleeve4me


1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete