Surgery day: 250.4
Weight loss 18.3 lbs!
Very happy with the progress. I'd been following my surgeon's recommendations and following my liquid diet, which is meant to last for days one through twenty. But about day 10 I met with my nutritionist and she was hoping I could try to progress to the soft food stage faster. So, I've been experimenting with that a bit, and you'll hear more in the video. So, here's my basic goals that I've been living by:
- 600-800 calories...yeah, right! Not happening, but sounds like that's normal. First 10 days (which was "clear liquid" for me) I was topping out at about 450. Now, with adding some soft food stuff, I'm getting about 500-550. I'm not too worried. Once I get to solid food (for me, starts about one month post-surgery) I suspect that will be a lot easier
- Over 70g of protein. I haven't found this to be a challenge, so long as I'm sticking to my protein shakes
- Under 30g of carbs. No prob so far.
- Under 10g of fat. No prob so far.
In the video I go through a day in my sleeve. Some links you may find helpful if you want to learn more:
- Want to see the specifics of what I'm eating and when? Read my food diary
- Want to know more about the supplements I'm taking? Read more on the supplements page
Lastly, here's some pics of what "dinner" looks like before, and after. I'm still learning how much to put on the plate.
Enjoy! And leave me a comment, will ya? I'm not sure anyone is reading this thing... ;) Later, gastricsleeve4me
|Potatoes, greek yogurt, and hummus|
|Didn't touch the hummus...and too many potatoes!|