Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pizza Bites

I discovered my love of "bites" (aka crustless quiches) early on. My first experiment was buffalo chicken bites and they've stayed one of my favorite things. I can't take credit for the bites - that goes to Eggface's famous bites - but the great thing is that you can put pretty much anything in them. I'm a huge fan of recipes that involve minimal ingredients, and these hit the mark. I'd previously bought ingredients for pepperoni flatout bread pizza and had leftover cheese and pepperoni. I'm leaving town this weekend again and don't want to have a lot of food left in the fridge, so decided to make pizza bites. As usual, quite yummy and reheat great. I had one for dinner last night, and another for a mid-afternoon snack at work today. I even dropped a few off at the new guy's house and received a "delicious" text, so they're guy and non-WLS approved! I'm a pretty simple cook, so my recipe is equally simple. If you want something with more flare (and ingredients), you can check out Eggface's pizza bite recipe as well.

Pizza Bites (recipe yielded 10 "bites")

24 pieces of turkey pepperoni
3 eggs (If I used 4 eggs I probably would have had an even dozen bites)
1/4 cup pre-made pizza sauce (I like Prego)
1-2 cloves minced garlic
Italian seasoning
1/4 shredded cheese (I used pre-shredded 4 cheese pizza blend)

Crucial first step: grease the mini-muffin tin well...otherwise they will stick! Set aside one piece of pepperoni per bite. Chop the rest into small pieces. Whisk chopped pepperoni with remaining ingredients, except for the cheese. Fill mini-muffin tins half way. Put in shredded cheese and fill muffin tins to top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. After 20 minutes, place one slice of pepperoni on each bite and cook for 5 more minutes. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment