Monday, August 20, 2012

13 Week Update (50 lbs and ONEDERLAND!)

Big, big week folks. You may recall that my 12-week update I was 201.3 and down 49.1 lbs. I could taste the 50 lb and onederland milestones they were so close. I'm very pleased to say that I achieved both this week!! Here's the details:

Surgery day: 250.4
One month 226.1
Two month: 211.8
Three month: 201.3
Week 13: 198

1 week weight loss: 3.3 lbs
Total weight loss: 52.4 lbs

WOO-HOO!! The last time I weighed under 200? For about a day in 2005. Before that? Geez, maybe college. You can imagine that I'm very, very excited by all of this. So much so that I finally decide to clean out the closet and dump the clothes that were too big, or that frankly I always hated but wore because they fit. From here on out I'm wearing things I enjoy. Period. With these milestones I've found that I'm comfortably in a size 16, which is phenomenal. I have a few 16s and 14s in the closet that I'm not quite fitting in to, but that's okay since it means I still probably have another month or two before I really need to go out and buy new clothes. I've been thanking my inner-organizer for boxing up all these clothes for years and years since they're really coming in handy these days.

This doesn't include a third large pile I'd already taken downstairs. Goodbye 18s and 20s. I won't miss you.
Been home from the Africa trip for a week, and quite pleased with how I've been eating. Exercise has been completely nil, so I need to work on that. But, back to getting my calories and protein in. Took me a couple days to get back into tracking everything, but I went back retroactively and I've been on track. And yesterday I even resurrected Sunday cooking day (e.g., the day I cook a bunch of stuff to have things all week), so I was pleased with myself. You can check out the recipe for pizza bites I made, as well as my crockpot turkey chili. Yum, yum, yum. This week's video is a little long to make up for the fact that it'd been a few weeks since I made one. Watch till the end for body shot, stomach scars, and loose arm skin...yay! Later, Jo


5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Good job buddy! Feels good to hit that milestone.
    Six months ago, I was 5'6" and 373, this past Saturday, I ran a 5k with my teenage son.
    Thanks for the recipes, you've been very helpful to my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing!! Keep up the good work - glad the fam is enjoying the recipes. I definitely enjoy making things that even "normal" people find yummy!

      Delete
  2. You're doing awesome! Congrats on onederland.
    And I'm looking for the crockpot chili recipe now. Sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! Just posted the chili recipe. Let me know if you try it and what you think. http://gastricsleeve4me.blogspot.com/2012/08/turkey-chili.html

      Delete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete