Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pre-Op Diet

I received my pre-op diet info from Dr. Aceves and thought I'd share. It appeared to be directed specifically at sleeve patients with an over-40 BMI (mine's about 40.6). I've been asked to be on this diet for seven days before surgery. Which means I've got one week before I start!

LIVER-SHRINKING DIET PLAN
  1. There are NO CALORIE LIMITATIONS on the LIVER-SHRINKING diet. You may eat/drink as much as you wish of the allowed things to feel satisfied, although we suggest reasonable limits to assist your weight loss. This does not have to be a liquid diet.
  2. Start a low carb (30 grams or less daily), high protein (minimum 60-70 grams daily), keep a close eye on the fat intake (don't over do it) and at least the minimum required daily amount (64 ounces) of plain water intake diet prior to surgery.  
  3. If you chose to drink a protein shake. Please read the labels. You should get at least 15 grams of Protein & less than 6 grams of total Carbohydrates per serving. Protein shakes are NOT required, but are very convenient.
  4. You may have  low fat yogurt, lean meats, grilled chicken, green vegetables. We recommend checking the carb content on your food.  You can find a very useful carb counter on Atkins.com.
Wish me luck! Best, gastricsleeve4me

No comments:

Post a Comment