Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pre-Op Diet (FAIL)

Well, I had the best of intentions. My Dr. had provided a pre-op diet for me since my BMI was over 40. I was meant to follow it the week before surgery. It was basically a low/no-carb, high-protein diet. And cutting the alcohol and caffeine. I knew that I might have some challenges since I was working out of town the week before, and I'm notoriously bad at planning my meals...which leaves me just eating what's available (which is always high-carb, high-fat, and high-sugar!). I did great for a few days. And then I got a cold. I was feeling quite miserable, and just got a little lazy. So, frankly, the pre-op diet sort of went out the window. I justified it by saying that my BMI had dropped below 40 in the weeks prior to surgery, so I didn't technically need to do it. I'm really, really hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. I mean, really, I couldn't go 7 DAYS without eating carbs? Eeek.

Now, in addition to the pre-op diet, my surgeon had about three or four other tips before surgery. Number two? Don't get sick. Dammit. I freaked out a little catching that cold. I thought about not telling the Dr. since I was afraid they might move or cancel it, but realized quickly that's just plain stupid to not tell them...this is my health we're talking about here. So, I wrote them an email and, thankfully, everything worked out. I recovered and they don't seem concerned. But it was a good reminder to STAY WELL in the week leading up to surgery. I'm pretty sure heading to the germ-center that is Chuck-E-Cheese for a kids birthday party wasn't the best decision I've ever made. Anyway, it all worked out in the end.

Well, I've got less than a week to go and I AM READY. Hope all is well in your world. Leave me some comments now and again...will let me know someone's reading! Best, gastricsleeve4me

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete