Thursday, May 10, 2012

Last night home

Holy moly...it's my last night at home! Surgery isn't for a week and a half, but I'm traveling up to the surgery date, so it's my last night home. I'm in planning mode - making sure I've got everything that I need. So, what have I been doing?

  • Playing with protein powders. I'm sticking with Isopure in the big tubs for now. Just can't best the zero carb + whopping protein. Read more about protein powders on the Supplements page
  • Getting my vitamins sorted out. HINT: TwinLab sells chewable calcium under multiple labels...and one is cheaper than the other! Read more on the Supplements page
  • Applying for short-term disability. If you haven't tried this...you should. It could mean the difference between having to take vacation time from work after surgery, and not! Worked for me for a previous surgery and looks good to do it again
  • Finally finding a therapist and nutritionist that I like. I saw three nutritionists before I found one I liked. A great reminder for me that, if I don't connect with someone, I should keep looking!
  • Deciding who to tell. So far, just one friend and a woman at work. I did tell my bosses that I'll be having surgery, but not what for
Want to hear more? Check out my video. And thanks for all who are subscribing to my channel on YouTube! Best, gastricsleeve4me


1 comment: