Monday, May 7, 2012

myfitnesspal

Early on I heard people talking about the tracking their food intake, particularly around calories and protein. I looked at a few different sites online that do this, and am excited about the one I picked to start using at myfitnesspal. Why do I like it?
  • I can access it from my mobile devices
  • It's easy to use
  • It has found every food I've searched for so far, including many of the popular protein-packed batriatric stuff
  • I can set my specific nutrition goals. So, right now it's loaded for what I know I need to be getting from my pre-op diet
  • It provides the ability to add weight loss "badges" (see the new one on the left part of the blog that says how much weight I've lost?) and "sliders" (those fun little things that show where you are in your weight loss progression that are used on a lot of the forums)
Another thing I like about it is that I can make my food diary public, and share it with all of you. You'll find a new link on the left that allows you to see what I'm eating. Not particularly helpful yet, but figure it may prove to be post-surgery.

I've been playing with it a bit today, putting in my pre-op diet requirements that I'll start next week. I'm really enjoying being able to see exactly what the day looks like when I load in all my new protein shakes, snacks, etc. Not so pleased to see what my sushi lunch has done to my carb intake, but better to see it and course correct, I suppose! Anyway, thought I'd share the tool I'm using. There are certainly others out there, so welcome your experiences and recommendations as well! Best, gastricsleeve4me

No comments:

Post a Comment