Here's the nitty gritty on what my body looks like fifteen months post-surgery. Photo montage over 15 months, and a video of what I look like today. Enjoy! Jo
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Hi all! Wow, can't believe it's been 15 months already. Holding steady at 143 lbs, down from 250.4 in May 2012 when I had surgery. I've learned a lot from the process so far (with much more to learn I'm sure!), and put together a bit of a Top 10 Things I've Learned list. I put the summary below, but you can watch the video for the details and commentary. Hope you're well! Gastricsleeve4me (aka "Jo")
- Bad habits won't change with surgery alone.
- You can regress at any time.
- A bad day won't hurt, but a bad week will!
- The honeymoon doesn't end when you reach your desired weight - and the period when you start to maintain is a critical one.
- Exercise matters. Maybe not for weight loss, but DEFINITELY for maintenance.
- You will lose weight. You will also lose your hair and have saggy skin. Sorry.
- Losing weight doesn't make you successful. Keeping weight off for 50 years does.
- If you're feeding your emotions, you'd better have a plan for dealing with it.
- Surgery and rapid dramatic weight loss is traumatic for your body.
- You need a team. Really.